In our first-ever conference, the ResearchOps Community brings you ReOpsConf 2022. A full day of learning and growth dedicated to the field of Research Operations.
Recognizing our global community, we are bringing you a hybrid event this year. Sit back, relax and watch from the comfort of your own home, or grab your in-person ticket and be one of 300 folks to attend IRL in Brooklyn.
In four years of gathering together, ReOpsConf is our moment to meet in-person or online, and we are so excited to see all of your faces!
In-person tickets include access to all conference talks and events, as well as food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Purchasing four or more in-person tickets? Reach out to our team at email@example.com for a discount.
Want to attend the in-person event but can’t make the sticker price work? Apply for a Name Your Price ticket!
Fill out the form below with a suggested ticket price and our team will do our best to make it work. These tickets will run out quickly, so apply today to avoid disappointment!
Can’t make it to the in-person event? Join us virtually instead.
Our team will be live- streaming ReOpsConf 2022 to our community members around the world for free.
First of all, we want to make it very clear that everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply to speak at ReOpsConf 2022. No previous public speaking experience? No problem. Have a few talks under your belt or been around the block a few times? We love that too.
This year we’re looking for ideas around: how ResearchOps can help address issues of bias, ethics, and legality in research; scaling the impact of research remotely; and how to transition into the field of ResearchOps.
Applications close on Monday March 7 at 11:59pm PST. All applicants will hear back from a member of our team by Friday March 11. Thank you to all those that apply!
AT THE INTERSECTION OF EAST WILLIAMSBURG AND BUSHWICK.
The ResearchOps Community is a global group of people who’ve come together to discuss the operations of user research and design research — also known as ResearchOps. ResearchOps includes the people, mechanisms, processes, and strategies that set research in motion.
We believe that ResearchOps is an emergent consequence of knowledge work at scale and that scaling the operation of research requires specific skills and attention to corporate memory.
We also believe that our collective experience holds the keys to building capability within the profession and industry as a whole.
The ResearchOps Community:
– has over 10,000 members from over 100 countries in 130 active Slack channels with almost 300,000 messages sent
– has 3 global workshop series presented in 60+ countries by volunteer facilitators with results published open source under CC Sharealike for anyone to use
– and going strong!
Why is ResearchOps important? There are lots of reasons given in/implied by the framework. Some of the most notable include:
– improving research participant experience as a participant or co-creator by working on bias, ethics, privacy, inclusion (operationalizing respect)
– operationalizing research data governance
– making research easier to do (i.e. “democratizing” research) through playbooks, supporting communities of practice, and researcher skills uplift
– working with research leadership to ensure a healthy, meaningful, and connected work life
– magnifying the impact of our research (knowledge sharing)
– operationalizing tools procurement – getting researchers access to the right tools to do their job whilst taking care of cybersecurity, legal, and privacy implications of procurement
Why should someone specialize in ops? ResearchOps is related to research, but distinct. ResearchOps professionals are library scientists, security and privacy experts, procurement specialists, and participant and stakeholder managers. Just as a professional violinist benefits from a good violin, so too do researchers benefit from dedicated attention to ResearchOps. Researchers need tools and processes that work. Your research and the people who give you their time deserve it.
ResearchOps is an emergent profession in its own right. People who practice ResearchOps help researchers do their best work, scale the impact of the craft, and are fundamentally changing the face of UX.
Great question. The ReOps Community wants everyone – our attendees, team and staff – to stay healthy and feel safe at ReOpsConf 2022.
ReOpsConf 2022 in-person tickets will only be available for purchase to those who are double vaccinated against COVID-19 and are willing to wear a mask or facial covering when indoors at all times.
Additionally, our team will be:
1. Conducting daily health checks for all attendees, team and staff. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19, testing positive for COVID-19, or being exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed entry to our event.
2. Selling a limited number of tickets to our in-person event to ensure room for social distancing.
3. Working with our venues to increase cleaning in high-traffic areas.
We are happy to refund anyone who has purchased an in-person ticket who is showing symptoms of COVID-19, has tested positive for COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
If any of these apply to you, please do not come to the event venue and enjoy our free live-streamed experience from the comfort of your own home. Just send an email to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we’ll take care of your ticket – no proof necessary.
At this time, we will not be refunding in-person tickets for any other reason.